As someone who has been involved with direct sales since 2001 I can say that it is not atypical to have someone join this industry, try it for 14 days and then quit. Maybe it’s because it is so cheap to get started that people don’t take ownership in their business. Maybe it’s because people expect to be wealthy overnight.
Whatever it is, it is very unfortunate because good people get a bad taste in their mouth about this industry when they know very little about how to properly build a business. Network marketing is like anything else in life. If you want to succeed, you need to work hard and take consistent action towards your goals.
For some reason people think that the internet is magically going to build their MLM business overnight for them. I have seen some individuals build multimillion dollar direct sales businesses online but they did not do it overnight. They worked incredibly hard and were consistent over many years to achieve that level of success.
Prior to Starting an Online Network Marketing Business there are 5 things that you should know before you begin your journey.
1) You will need to start a blog that offers value. Please do not try to sell your company or the company’s products on your blog. The blog is specifically used to offer information to other network marketers or individuals that are looking to start an MLM business. Write at least 1 blog post a day that targets your market audience.
2) Do not expect to see results overnight. There is nothing in this world that will make you wealthy with very little effort. I can assure you that if there were, everyone would know about it and everyone would be wealthy. I honestly believe that anyone can build a network marketing business if they are self motivated and don’t give up.
3) Do your due diligence and research before joining any company or opportunity. What products do they offer? Would you purchase these products if you were not involved with the company? How long has the company been in business? I always recommend that individuals spend at least 5 days researching an opportunity before they start their business.
4) Build a 30-60-90 day plan on what you want to accomplish. You need to set goals for yourself and track your results.
5) Treat your network marketing business like a business, not a hobby! If you were to spend tens of thousands of dollars opening a franchise would you treat it like a hobby? I sure hope not! The results that you get out of your online network marketing business will be directly related to the amount of work that you put in.
I honestly believe that anyone can build a thriving online network marketing business if they have a little patience and treat their business like a “business” and not a hobby.
In addition the 5 things outlined above you should also have an online marketing plan in place before you begin your online income journey. There are several online resources available to assist you with your online marketing efforts.